Ex-official who revealed UFO project accuses Pentagon of 'disinformation' campaign
The former Pentagon official who went public about reports of UFOs has filed a complaint with the agency's inspector general claiming a coordinated campaign to discredit him for speaking out — including accusing a top official of threatening to tell people he was "crazy," according to documents reviewed by POLITICO.
Lue Elizondo, a career counterintelligence specialist who was assigned in 2008 to work for a Pentagon program that investigated reports of "unmanned aerial phenomena," filed the 64-page complaint to the independent watchdog on May 3 and has met several times with investigators, according to his legal team.
The claim that the government is trying to discredit him comes weeks before the director of national intelligence and the Pentagon are expected to deliver an unclassified report to Congress about UFOs and the government's strategy for investigating such encounters. The report is expected to include a detailed accounting of the agencies, personnel and surveillance systems that gather and analyze the data.
"What he is saying is there are certain individuals in the Defense Department who in fact were attacking him and lying about him publicly, using the color of authority of their offices to disparage him and discredit him and were interfering in his ability to seek and obtain gainful employment out in the world," said Daniel Sheehan, Elizondo's attorney. "And also threatening his security clearance."
Previously:
Pentagon's UFO Investigation Program Revealed
UFO Existence 'Proven Beyond Reasonable Doubt': Former Head Of Pentagon Program
Newly-Released Video Shows 2015 U.S. Navy Sighting of UFO
The US Navy is Drafting New Rules to Report UFO Sightings
US Navy Spokesman Acknowledges UFO Videos
The Pentagon Releases Official Footage of UFOs. No, Seriously!
The Pentagon Has Continued to Investigate UFOs Under Renamed Program
You Can Now Easily Download All CIA UFO Documents to Date
(Score: 0) by Anonymous Coward on Monday May 31 2021, @09:54AM
videos have fairly mundane explanations. see article by phil plait (I *think* that's his name, you may know him as "the bad astronomer"): https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/navy-videos-showing-ufos-not-aliens [syfy.com]
stories told by pilots? not true unless backed up by actual evidence. also, I'll say a lot of things if you pay me enough for a book/movie deal. stephen colbert pointed out that if ufos are seen every day for two years in the late 2010s (that's what the matt damon character said in the 60 minutes video), then why not bring a fucking phone in at least one of the hundreds of days?!
bob lazar is an interesting fellow, because apparently he's not making money from his story. but he may just be a useful idiot: they probably showed him some toys to confuse the public through him. he certainly has no understanding of physics, no matter what joe rogan thinks of that.