from the kill-all-the-bugs dept.
We just deployed a new point upgrade to rehash today to fix a bunch of small bugs that have been with us since the rehash upgrade and a few that were around longer than that. Here are the highlights:
- Fixes for various XSS isues by adding strip_title where appropriate in output templates.
- Fix PollBooth for Nexus support (found the bugs when cleaning up XSS issues).
- Fix broken daily mails by removing a utf decode that was unneeded since mod_perl 2 is better with utf8.
- Comment links now link to the the commentwrap div just above the comment.
- Commentwrap div's 'Reply' button now has verbage based on if we are on the story or on a specific comment.
- Add cert store location to Subscribe code to get rid of LWP errors and allow PayPal subscriptions to complete.
- Fix missing hit counts by adding accesslog back in (for editors and admins).
- Fix for unordered singoffs in story edit page (for editors and admins).
- Fix broken block save in admin.pl by setting defaults for not null table update (for admins).
We were able to kill off about 10 high priority bugs with this mini release. Current issues and feature requests can be found on GitHub and you can submit new issues or feature requests here if you have a GitHub account. We also welcome bugs and requests sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or left in the comments below.
Our goals for the next major update is more of the same bug hunting and killing with a few features added here and there. Again I would like to thank you for your patience with the growing pains we have had with the 15_05 rehash upgrade. This update should bring us mostly back to where we were before in terms of broken features.