SoylentNews is people
|Title || ||Samsung Announces 512 GB NAND Chips for Smartphones|
|Date || ||Wednesday December 06, @02:07PM|
|Author || ||martyb|
|Topic || |
|from the big-things-coming-in-small-packages dept.|
Samsung has announced that it is producing 64-layer 512 GB embedded Universal Flash Storage (eUFS) NAND chips for smartphones and other mobile devices. The chips boast 860 MB/s sequential read and 255 MB/s sequential write speeds, and 42k/40k random read/write IOPS.
Toshiba has announced its own 64-layer UFS chips ranging from 32 GB to 256 GB.
Also at Engadget and ZDNet.
Previously: Samsung 256 GB UFS 2.0 Phone Storage is Faster than some SATA SSDs
Samsung to Offer New Type of Flash Memory Card
- "takyon" - https://soylentnews.org/~takyon/
- "announced" - https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-starts-producing-first-512-gigabyte-universal-flash-storage-for-next-generation-mobile-devices
- "Universal Flash Storage" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Flash_Storage
- "ranging from 32 GB to 256 GB" - https://www.anandtech.com/show/12109/toshiba-samples-ufs-21-up-to-900-mbs-reads
- "Engadget" - https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/05/samsungs-512gb-chip-will-give-your-phone-pc-like-storage/
- "ZDNet" - http://www.zdnet.com/article/samsungs-new-eufs-to-boost-smartphone-storage-to-512gb/
- "Samsung 256 GB UFS 2.0 Phone Storage is Faster than some SATA SSDs" - https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=16/02/25/1859203
- "Samsung to Offer New Type of Flash Memory Card" - https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=16/07/07/1650254
- "Original Submission" - https://soylentnews.org/submit.pl?op=viewsub&subid=23682
© Copyright 2018
- SoylentNews, All Rights Reserved
printed from SoylentNews, Samsung Announces 512 GB NAND Chips for Smartphones on 2018-02-23 04:52:15