SoylentNews is people
|Title || ||EU Bans Outdoor Use of Pesticides That Harm Bees|
|Date || ||Sunday April 29 2018, @04:11AM|
|Author || ||mrpg|
|Topic || |
|from the nobody-thinks-of-the-wasps dept.|
Arthur T Knackerbracket has found the following story:
Bees just got a helping hand from the European Union who banned outdoor use of harmful pesticides.
With several types of bees and bumblebees on the endangered-species list, some governments are starting to do their part to protect the lives of these essential pollinators.
The European Union voted Friday to ban outdoor use of pesticides that harms bees. Specifically, there's now a complete ban on three substances referred to as neonicotinoids -- imidacloprid, clothianidin and thiamethoxam. Scientific studies have shown that these substances can harm bees when used outside.
Also at EU Times.
- "Arthur T Knackerbracket" - https://soylentnews.org/~Arthur+T+Knackerbracket
- "following story" - https://www.cnet.com/news/european-union-bans-outdoor-use-of-pesticides-that-harm-bees/#rbContent
- "bees" - https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/27/17289746/bees-eu-ban-pesticides-harmful
- "bumblebees" - https://www.cnet.com/news/rusty-patched-bumblebee-endangered-species-united-states/
- "neonicotinoids" - https://xerces.org/neonicotinoids-and-bees/
- "Scientific studies" - https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/press/news/180228
- "EU Times" - http://www.eutimes.net/2018/04/eu-bees-may-rest-easy-as-dangerous-pesticide-outlawed/
- "Original Submission" - https://soylentnews.org/submit.pl?op=viewsub&subid=26279
© Copyright 2023
- SoylentNews, All Rights Reserved
printed from SoylentNews, EU Bans Outdoor Use of Pesticides That Harm Bees on 2023-06-03 13:53:59